HISTORY: 2005 - 2010

For the 2005-06 season we started life playing our games at our new permanent home, Homers Heath on the Kingskerswell Road.

The move went very well, and the ground was opened on Saturday 13th July when an estimated 300 + people turned out to see Steve Perryman cut the ribbon to open the pitch.

Plymouth Argyle bringing a team up on Wednesday 13th July followed this up. And Argyle Chairman Mr Stapleton officially opened the clubhouse.

Paul Feasby and Andy Paddon were in charge of the First team and we finished in our lowest league position of 13th. In the 2006-07 season all the talk was about the re-structuring of the Devon League and South Western League.

One League with three Divisions was being formed called the South West Peninsula League.

We managed to finish the season in 12th place under the leadership of Phil Bayliss and Gary Taylor and we had done just enough to meet our goal of qualifying for the SWPL Premier Division along side the topsides in both the South Western and Devon Leagues.

The 2007-08 season was an extremely successful one for the club, the first team finished in 14th place in the new South West Peninsula League Premier Division.

We won the SWPL Premier Division best ground award, which is voted by the other clubs visits to Homers Heath we also won the SWPL Programme award.

The Reserves won the South Devon League Division 3 title, were runners-up in the prestigious Herald Cup, Devon Intermediate Cup Winners and Divisional Cup winners.

The 3rd Team won the SDL Division 6 title, the Fred Hewings Cup and their Divisional Cup Final. In the 2008-09 season, the club enjoyed another successful season, the 1st team finished the season in 3rd place in the SWPL Premier Division, and for the second season running we won both the ground and programme award for the Premier division.

The 2nd Team had a highly successful season, winning the South Devon League Division Two title and getting promoted to Division One, they also won the Devon Senior Cup with a 1-0 win over Lifton at Coach Road, this for the second time in the club’s history. However, 2nd Team manager Ian Miller decided it was time to step down and concentrate on his now role as the clubs commercial agent having enjoyed huge success with the 2nd Team.

The 3rd Team finished in second placed in the SDL Division Five and gained promotion to Division Four. Our Under 14 side also were very successful, winning their league title and league cup and winning the Devon FA County Cup at Coach Road with a fine 4-1 win over Plymouth Kolts.

Buckland had a phenomenal season in 2009-10, the 1st team did the double, winning the SWPL Premier Division title and the Throgmorton Cup pipping Bodmin Town to both, in what was manager Phil Bayliss’ last season in charge. They lost just three time in the league and were unbeaten in all their 19 home games. Also played in the famous FA Cup competition for the first time in the club’s history.

They actually won the league on goal difference from Bodmin Town and they also beat them 2-1 after extra time in the Throgmorton Cup final played at Cullompton’s Speed Meadow.

This was a wonderful way for Phil to hand over control to new manager Steve Massey for the 2010-11 season.

The 2nd Team had a very successful season once again, this time they won the SDL Division One league title and they retained the Devon Senior Cup Final beating Elburton Villa Reserves at Coach Road 3-1.

Again the 2nd Team manager Jim Barrett also decided to resign at the end of the season and Adam Castle will now be in charge of their new quest in the SDL Premier Division.

The 3rd Team won the SDL Division Four league title, and they will be managed again this coming season by Scott Chisholm, who has guided them to many successes over a number years.

The club continues to thrive both on and off the field of the play and this is due to the hard working ethics of all the volunteers within the club.